Sunday, May 26, 2013

Animazement 2013

Three Words:  Oh My God!!!

Forgive me lord for using your name in vain but I had a freaking blast yesterday.  Granted, I am not big into Anime other than Sailor Moon and have some knowledge of Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z to keep me afloat but I heard this was a con that wasn't to be missed.  Also, I wanted to debut Luke yesterday in time for Return of the Jedi's 30th Anniversary and yes, he did make his debut and I loved every single second of it.

So I met with Kim and Mary for breakfast even though I had already eaten on the ride up and just sitting in the Deli where they had their breakfast I saw all sorts of costumes going by from the different Anime's, Mangas and then I got excited when I saw the different Doctor's going by.   I was squeeing and even before I got my badge, heck even before I got into costume I was excited.  I think Kim and Mary could tell that I was enjoying what I was seeing even before we even got into costume.  Granted, the line outside the convention center stretched around the block for all the new registrants but still the 45 was worth it to see everyone in costume.

So we went up to the room and got changed I seriously was geeking out looking at all the costumes going over to the convention center from the Marriott.  Once I got into costume, I was fangirling because I had been waiting to be Luke from ROTJ ever since I was a little girl.  I was just GAH I don't know how to put it other than very very happy.  The only part, was the boots on Luke are the hard equestrian boots that really have no room for movement and I got a war wound but once I wore them for a bit I was fine.

A lot of people didn't know who I was which was fine but I was seriously geeking out waiting in line for my badge.  Once I got in, the pictures didn't stop and I got in character.  I managed to meet up with my friends Tom, Chris Burnside, and Steve from the 105th and the picture taking began.  I also looked out of the corner of my eye after getting my badge at the Sailor Moon shoots.  I loved looked at the Senshi and I was geeking out at all the Senshi that were there.  I'm hoping that once I drop 50 more pounds that maybe next year I will do Dark Mercury from Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon.  I got a few pictures in the morning and even dueled with Steve a little.  By the way Steve great DARTH MAUL!!! I know you will get in and you were a hit with the Con Goers.  In addition, Chris Burnside took a lot of pictures and I was just geeking out with everyone and everything there.  After the 105th main shoot, I met up with my friend Brandon and he and I walked over to get Lunch.  By that time, my feet were killing me and I had had enough of the Luke boots so yes, Rebel Legion and costume purists I went to my guard boots which are black, tall and styled just slightly different but at least I was comfortable.

So afterwards, Brandon and I hung out in the lobby of the Marriott watching the various costumes going to and from the hotel over to the convention center.  I have to say Animazement spilled over beyond the convention center but also onto Fayetteville Street, and even over by the Performing Arts center which makes it the largest con I've ever been to.  After the 105th Star Wars shoot, and hanging around some more,  Steve, Maggie, Renee and a few other friends and I went to Tir Na Nog which is a great Irish pub in downtown Raleigh.  Steve and I, as well as Renee and a few others were still in costume when we went in and had dinner.  I ended up splitting Nachos with Maggie since as a lapband paitent I can't eat that much. One small plateful I was good to go for an hour or so of pictures.  The only downside, was that my lightsaber died and I forgot to bring the extra batteries.

Oh there is so much from the  con that I can go on about.  Brandon and I did spend a lot of time watching the costumers go by and yes, I saw a lot of my friends there.  I was just geeking out because I have never been to a con of that size before but wow.  In addition, if Ryan Glitch were to bring Sci-Fi Speed Dating to this con, I'd bet he'd get a great response.  Hint. Hint. Hint!!  At dinner, we had an interesting conversation about how us old timers don't go to the Con Dances because we're too tired by the end of the night.  I thought it was funny but yeah, we were tired at least I was and I didn't want to see the damage that the Luke boots did to my heel.  My left heel and foot is fine but obviously I didn't do the sock right on Luke's right boot so yeah I got a nice little war wound on my heel.  I also enjoyed meeting Kim's friends and hanging out with them for a few but really after walking probably 10 miles in one day, posing and having a great time I was beat and ready for bed so I drove home.  I left Luke with Kim so that way she could fix the collar for ConCarolinas and now I'm anticipating ConCarolinas next week with Tim Zhan and the others.  So bring it on and I can't wait for Animazement 2014!!


Just an add on the day after I wrote this blog, although I did Luke.  I probably could've done Amy or Padme.  However, doing Padme' isn't the same without a certain Jedi there.  I'll say no more about that but for those of you that want to know, I'll never tell.  ;)

-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment