Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pouring it all into Padme'

Happy Revenge of the Fifth Day!!

Yesterday, as most of the people in the Geekdoms know it was Free Comic Book Day.  I went down to Fayetteville and ran around with Nick Garcia as the Ninth Doctor in my custom companion from Doctor Who.  If I explained the whole plot we'd be here till next Free Comic Book Day but I did have a blast and in true Doctor Who fashion, The Doctor and I played off each other similar to how they did it in the show.  It was fun and not only that I got called Jean Grey, Rachel Summers and I think someone once called me Mary Jane Watson.  Here's the funny thing, the person who called me Jean Grey said that I really would look like I would enjoy the full Phoenix Force powers...umm he's right but don't tell The Doctor that.

Also, a quick shoutout to Nick's Dad who is an aspiring comic book artist (I hope one day he gets in or if he does it for a hobby, continues to do it!!  I might want a commission of the Ninth Doctor and Krista outside the TARDIS)  It was a fun time and then I headed off to Greensboro for a wonderful night at the Symphony.


Now any Symphony event is always a fun one to do considering that I love the music first and foremost.  Yes, it was a long day yesterday but worth it.  I also want to say that it gave me a chance to do something Star Warsy for the day and I needed a release from work.  I decided well actually didn't decide more like I had to do Padme' because the guard is getting repainted.  

So yes, there was a small group of us who are in the 501st/RL  Pam, Andrew, Alex, Thomas, and Cher that made it out and the Symphony had hired a group of kids to serve as Stormtroopers/Clones and Vader.  I won't get into that but for those of us who were in the RL/501st we had a great time and took pictures before the show and during intermission.  We even went on stage for the Imperial March,  and Cher got to go on stage for Leia's theme.  

After that, they played Raiders, ET, Schindler's and came full circle to the prequel trilogy.  Thomas and I did Anakin and Padme' although Thomas had a generic Jedi.  I used my imagination and poured everything I had into Padme's emotions as I spent the first minute of the song alone and then Thomas came on and I sort of coached him silently as to what needed to be done.  The crowd didn't know it but yes I was playing my part of Padme' to a T even as we went out into the crowd  but they said I had my emotions matching hers from the movie.  Which is easy for me to do considering that I am always emotional and I can't hide them as well as some people can.  Everyone from the 501st/RL was a hit and since after that piece no one was in the dressing room I went to change out and let me tell you about Padme...she is a handful to put on and take off but overall she's my favorite costume to do.

A note to Chad and Cory and yes, I know you had to work Chad but they did play Battle of the Heroes.  So yes, even as we were walking back to the changing room the Hockey Duel came to mind.  So I went to take off Padme' got back into my clothes I had been wearing for FCBD and as I stepped out of the bathroom I got several compliments on how Across the Stars went.  I thought I was in trouble because I have trained my brain to think negatively rather than positively.  I guess Padme' is one of those costumes where I can pour everything into it and really I wouldn't be the character I would really just being myself, minus the whole having twins part and dying of heartbreak part.

Till Next Time,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment