Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Updates, Crossplay, and Hockey Fun

I know I haven't been posting much lately in here.  I blame work and grad school for that but no harm in letting the world know yes, I am alive.  As for the geekdoms, I've been so busy that I haven't had time to enjoy some of my favorite shows including Being Human and Supernatural but hopefully I will be able to catch up soon. So no spoilers!!!

I have some good news on the Rebel Legion front, it's official after 10 years of being a member in the 501st, I have joined the Rebel Legion as my Mustafar Padme has been approved.  In addition, I have decided well more like convinced by certain friends *coughs* Thomas Gardner *coughs*  Kimberly Willis *coughs* and a few others (I really do love you guys!!  :) ) to work on and complete my Luke, Return of the Jedi costume.  So Monday, after going to two Doctor's appointments and running around getting supplies for my classroom I met Kimberly at JoAnn's and we had a field day getting fabric for Luke.  Not only that, by some chance I had forgotten she was doing a Mara Jade costume so now Luke and Mara will have an appearance at Animazement provided I don't have too much to do that weekend for work (*knock on wood*).  Also, Kim is going to rock as Mara and though my inner fangirl is jealous that Mara married Luke in the books and EU,  I guess I'll live with it.

So in what little spare time I have, I am listening to my Star Wars music, reading Tempest in the Legacy of the Force Series.  I'm actually enjoying the series and I'm liking the transition from Jacen being a Jedi to following in Anakin's footsteps becoming a Sith but for different reasons.   

Speaking of Anakin.  We will be having a big big and I mean huge, gigantic, enormous event this Saturday in Fayetteville.  Over 20 Star Wars characters will be appearing and in costume to take part in the FireAntz game and support MAW (Make a Wish).  Not only that, during the first intermission we'll have Anakin vs. Obi-Wan on the ice and yes, I will be playing Padme' for that one.  I will begin practicing the fall tomorrow night just going with the clip that we've gotten.  I'm looking forward to it because Chad (Obi-Wan) and Cory (Anakin) have been working hard since StellarCon on perfecting the duel and though it's only going to be a quarter of the one between Hayden and Ewan I'm looking forward to seeing the videos on Youtube once they are edited together.

So yay!! Also, here's a shout out to my best friend Susan, who celebrated her birthday this past week and will be attending the game as her Jedi.  I will be bringing her birthday present to the game and I can't wait to participate since we will be auctioning off a signed Hockey Jersey for the FireAntz and the proceeds will be going to MAW.  Did I mention that R2-KT will be there?  Yep.  She'll be making the journey from SC to NC first participating in the St. Patty's Day parade in Charlotte then coming to Fayetteville.  This will be an epic night for all of us!!

-Jane




No comments:

Post a Comment