Friday, March 29, 2013

"Your brother never told you about Knight Rider??!!!"

Sad but true.

As much as I love my brother Scott for exposing me to such classics as Dallas, Dukes of Hazzard, A-Team, Little House, Spider-Man and Incredible Hulk.  I never got to see Knight Rider when it first aired, well I couldn't because I was born in 83' but I'm talking about the re-runs when they aired.  Sure, I saw clips, bits and pieces, knew of the theme, knew a little about Michael Knight and KITT but as to the acutal plot, I was like a blonde (no offense to my blonde friends) completely and utterly oblivious.

In the past, I had seen Chad aka Jedi Knight Rider, drive his replica KITT to events and admired KITT from afar but still I was too dumb at times to ask about it.  Before the Hockey Game, my friend Chris and I sat on the tailgate of my truck talking about the duel and sure enough Chad drives in with his KITT which gets me grinning every time I see him.   We sat around and talked waiting for the others so we could go in and on Chad's phone he has both the KITT and KARR sound files and being at the time, I didn't know much about Knight Rider, I didn't know who KARR was.  I think I must have looked like a fool because I was interested but I didn't want to show that I was interested in learning about Knight Rider and about other things that day  (refer to Blog 19 err yeah) .

So after the Hockey Game, they talked a little Knight Rider and I was still a little lost but I hung on every word.  I should have  just stood up and said I never saw an episode but I kept it hidden; I bet I must have looked funny trying to listen to what the guys were geek speaking about Knight Rider.  Still, my curiosity had been aroused about the show so I started to look at clips on YouTube   Mostly of the theme and some of the action scenes which made my curiosity grow even more.  I had even considered downloading the episodes onto Itunes so that way Scott and I could watch them on our respective computers when I got home.

Finally, after talking to Chad the other night as to where I could catch episodes I finally saw the original 82' pilot and instantly fell in love.  I don't think I could accurately say I understand why guys like the show other than the car and the plot.  I like it for the plot and its ingenious storyline which I know with today's sex crazed, reality based TV shows wouldn't fly (Just look at the 2008 series, which the die hard KR fans have told me to avoid like the plague, as well as Team Knight Rider).   I liked it so much that I downloaded the pilot from Itunes as well as the theme.  As a result of work, I am only about six episodes in on Hulu including the pilot and almost to the one I want to see the first KITT vs. KARR episode, it should be a good show and Chad and I have been talking on and off about the episodes and he's been nice enough and patient enough to answer my questions.  Thanks Chad!!! :)

I like the show, I'm glad I'm able to appreciate it now considering that as an adult you can understand hidden messages within tv shows.  I am liking the characters including Devon (who reminds me of Old Ben from Star Wars), Michael (who reminds me of a mix between Anakin and young Obi-Wan),  Bonnie (who reminds me a little of Han Solo) and KITT who I haven't found a way or character to compare him to.   Right now, I wouldn't mind doing a Bonnie cosplay, I have the wig for it too but no jumpsuit.  However, I'm going to hold off till I see the series in it's entirety but I really really am liking the show.

Till next time,

Jane


2 comments:

  1. you poor deprived child, not finding out awesomeness of Knight Rider until now lol. It was one of the few shows outside of my The Real Ghostbusters, He-Man, and G.I. Joe that i remember so fondly from very young Reagan era days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly it's true. However, I did get exposed to those cartoons, He-Man, She-Ra, GI Joe, Real Ghostbusters, Transformers but sadly no Knight Rider.

    ReplyDelete