Saturday, February 16, 2013

Geek Burnout

From time to time, geeks like me suffer from burnout.  Burnout occurs when there is too much going on in terms of our personal lives or geek ones.  Every year around this time, I really don't care to log on to the 501st boards because of elections and politics.  I really hate it because that's when the elitism, bickering and overall nastiness comes out in our hobby and I try so hard every year to ignore the boards.  I go in and vote, game over.  Still sometimes it leaks over Social Media and even that I'm burned out of.

Also, during this time I tend to turn into a really bitter person when it comes to things that normally don't bother me in terms of Geekdom.  For example, a lot of my male friends on Facebook are friends with Sexy Star Wars Girls or Sexy Cosplay Girls.  We all know that boys will look but to me during this time of the year, I find it disgusting and degrading.  Not to mention the big green jealousy demon is coming out because I know I don't have that type of body, but really I don't want it.  I'm not eye candy so move along.

Also, Social Media is a bit of a burnout for me because everyone's posting left and right election stuff, or asking me are you doing this costume?  Right now after the way I'm feeling everything is off the table.  I'm just burned out and will be taking a few days for myself and probably once elections are over and the egos settled down then I'll resume what I love to do.  That is if I feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment