Saturday, February 9, 2013

Shout Out to Sci-Fi Speed Dating


This is a shout out to my friends at Sci-Fi Speed Dating whom, I have nothing but admiration and respect for.  For two years, I've watched both seasons and honestly I'm glad that they are out there putting geek couples together.  It's also taking what I've talked about in this blog to a different level in not just showing male geeks but female geeks as well.  The past few episodes of Season 2 have been about female geeks and how we don't have to be sexy to be noticed.

Kudos to IGN for keeping the show alive and giving my friends recognition.  I know for a few months Ryan  Glitch, the president of Sci-Fi Speed Dating has been trying to get me on there or up to NYCC to possibly film for an episode.  I wish I could but being a teacher, there's not much time I can take off during the year to come and film.  *sighs*  Maybe Con Carolinas or StellarCon will invite them down here to do Speed Dating at a Con in the future.

So what makes this show different from other reality shows?  Well, it's showing how geeks together for starters.  Usually, it starts off with a geek showing off their passions, be it gaming, Star Wars, Comics or whatever and then it shows how a session of Speed Dating goes with that geek.  I really enjoy it because it doesn't seem staged as some of the other reality shows out there.  Not to mention, Ryan the host, is easy to connect to as are most of the Geeks on that show.  I can relate to them because I'm a single Star Wars geek.  I'm as about as real as they come in terms of geekdom.

Granted, my thing is not about being a Sexy Star Wars geek but just a genuine honest geek.  You can tell when they film the show these are real geeks not actors. That's another thing that I like about this show, the realism.  

Getting back to the geeky side of me, you can pretty much guess what I like in terms of my fandoms.  Star Wars, being at the top of it followed by Doctor Who,  Stargate: SG-1, Star Trek,  Skyrim, Being Human, Superman, and various others that I have mentioned throughout this blog.  I have a huge Star Wars collection and am now starting to acquire a Doctor Who collection.  I also costume as characters from both Star Wars and Doctor Who.  Tomorrow I'm even doing a con as Amy Pond from Doctor Who and running a panel based on this blog.  

Anyways back to Sci-Fi Speed Dating, 

I really would love to meet these guys in person at a con someday when my work schedule permits it.  I am interested in meeting an honest Star Wars, Doctor Who geek who appreciates and loves the things that I do.  I know I'm not sexy, I don't intend to be, I don't want to be a Sexy person because that's not me.  I'm modest, shy and meek outside of my geekdom and though I am losing weight because of the surgery I want him to look at me not for my body but what's on the inside.  In my various discussions with Ryan,  I have mentioned this when I'm looking for my match.  To be honest, after the breakup with my ex, it took me a long time to get over to trust someone of the opposite gender.  However, I think I'm ready to try love again and maybe one day I can find my Geek Match.

Anyways,  go and catch Sci-Fi Speed Dating and Geek Love on IGN Start!!

{Reposted from YouTube, I will take down if asked to}

No comments:

Post a Comment